Acadian Ambulance is hosting a Medical Necessity training session/CEU on October 17th from 12pm to 2pm, lunch will be provided. For more information or to RSVP contact firstname.lastname@example.org The training session/CEU will be held at the administration offices of Acadian Ambulance, 2424 S. Good Latimer, Dallas TX 75215.
• Requirements for coverage of ambulance transport (direct from the latest CMS manual)
• Medical necessity and non-urgent medical conditions that qualify patients for ambulance
• Defining the term “bed confined” for ambulance transport
• Deciding on the proper mode of transport (wheelchair van vs. ambulance)
• Forms required for transport (PCS, PAN, MARS, H&P, etc.)
• Overview of the latest compliance guidelines